Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Happy Birthday, Moms!!!

Happy birthday to my Moms! Hope you have a great day! We miss you lots and hope you are enjoying the sunshine and nice weather in Myrtle Beach. You don't look a day over 29! (I hope I inherited those genes!!!)

I am awaiting an "inevitable" power outage today. Supposedly, we are getting the same ice storm that left many without power in Ohio yesterday evening. The trees are donning a thick coating of ice, and more freezing rain is falling. Whatever bare ground from Monday's thaw was showing is now covered in a blanket of frigid slick. I'm so glad I don't have to be out on the road today. Poor Charlie - I hate that he has to drive in this. The power lines don't look too bad, so maybe this sleet won't accummulate too much or get heavy enough to do any damage. We have a kerosene heater that we borrowed from Charlie's sister last year if we do lose power, but that doesn't provide as much comfort as the pellet stove or even the furnace. Hopefully it won't get too bad out there.

Well, I'm off to shop vac my house again. Only one and a half weeks until our vacuum cleaner parts arrive. But I'm telling you, I may just stick with the shop vac. That 1.5 horse really does an outstanding job. I must say, I'm impressed!

5 comments:

mar5128 said...

Hey Jen! Thanx for the birthday shoutout. It's just another day, really. Dad has to go to Columbia, SC today, which is a 3 hr. drive from here. So that means he may not get back here til 7 or 8 pm. So much for the dinner plans we wanted to have.

Oh - and for all you "middleagers" out there - age is just a number. Somedays I feel like 29.....other days it's more like 129!! Today I'm somewhere in the middle. I guess that's as it should be, huh?

I'm really enjoying this blog stuff. Between you & LeAnne, I almost feel like I'm there with you. Thanx for setting it up!!

LOVE YOU

Alternative Reality said...

Yikes Jen! I hear ya, inches of ice on the car this morn. And I'm thinkgin we may just have to have to come to our house (when we get it) with your shop vac for some sweet cleaning! Don't even know if the shop vac would be enough...

mar5128 said...

You could always come to Myrtle Beach - shop vac & all!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yea, Jen, you be impressed with that 1.5 horsepower.. especially when you throw your back out. I'm telling you- it's gonna happen! I used to think it was great to use a shop vac, especially for all of Gryffin's hair, until it hurt to stand upright again. Of course, I could have used the extended hose so I didn't have to bend over, but it just doesn't seem to work right. Anyway, your days of bliss are numbered with that shop vac!

I also would like to say "Happy Birthday" to your mom! Even though I don't get to talk to her anymore, she's definitely one of the smartest and most impressive woman I've ever met. Maybe it's the Italian- strong will. By the way, three years later, I still ricotta like ri-cot-ta in a way that rhymes with "I gotta.." Lol.

How did you and LeAnne ever get along without blogs? I swear, you can't make this stuff up! It's great- keep it coming.

mar5128 said...

Hiya Chris!!!
Thank you for the Happy Bday. It wasn't an overly exciting day, but on the other hand - nothing horrible happened either, so, all in all, it was ok. I even got a bday cake!! Of course it wasn't a bee-boo cake (see LeAnne's blog). Take care & keep that r-r-r-e-coat-ta going strong!!!! lol