Friday, March 14, 2008

Slow week...or is it?

Ok, so this post is a polar opposite to my last post as far as the whole weight issue goes. For those of you who don't know, I've had it up to my neck (which is in shape) with being a porker. Last week, I was so frustrated. I've been making sure I exercise at least 3 times a week (usually, I do 5 days per week), for at least a half an hour. Then, I take measurements at the end of the week. From February 21-27, I lost 12.5 inches overall!! I was psyched. Then, on the 6th of March I measured again - I lost 2 inches overall. Hence, the main subject matter of the post titled "Fargin' bored..." I just took my measurements about 5 minutes ago - totally pysched again!! 6 inches lost overall, with the most significant being in my ribcage (3 inches lost). I also went back to the doctor on Monday - I lost a pound since my last weight check which was only four days prior (Thursday). Not bad - if I could keep up that pace at the very least, I'd be happy.

I wish the loss was more obvious to people. No one has commented, except for Charlie, who says he feels a difference when he hugs me. I know he's not just saying that to boost my confidence. Thankfully, Charlie is completely honest about everything and doesn't say things to save face, or because it's what he thinks someone does or doesn't want to hear. Going back to my last post, I think if I got some different clothes, maybe that would help. Maybe not - I don't know. NOW - that doesn't mean if I see any of you in the next week or so that I want you to say, "Oh my GOSH, you've lost weight!!" You're not allowed to say anything along those lines until you truly see a significant difference!!

It is hard. Somedays I look in the mirror and go, "Ugh...I don't look any different then I did when I started this whole thing. Why bother?" Then, other days I catch a glimpse of myself and say, "Hey...I don't look so bad..." I go up and down, and I'm trying hard as heck to keep a positive outlook on the whole thing. I just keep trucking, hoping that my efforts will yield some desireable results. I want to be around for a while, especially for my kids. I've been making a lot of changes and keeping my health in check, which just recently included a clotting panel and cholesterol check (both bloodwork - results pending). In the meantime, my blood pressure has made a dramatic turn since having Aiden. 132/70 and 122/80 last couple of times I had it checked - and that was without any bp meds for almost a week. The latter was a tad high (bottom #), but not outrageous. I'm back on the meds just to be on the safe side. Pretty favorable experiment, though.

Tuesday I skipped my workout and opted to install some carpet on the landing at the top of our basement stairs. I was up and down those stairs at least 2 dozen times looking for tools, edging, nails, duct tape (don't ask), the tape measure, you name it!! I was sweating by the time I was done and my calves were begging for mercy, so I'd say that counts as a workout. And the landing looks pretty nice, if I do say so myself. Not perfect, but it serves its purpose.

The vacuum cleaner parts arrived in the mail yesterday. Charlie fixed the vacuum for me last night. So far, so good. But I have to say, I'm going to miss the shop vac. (Don't worry, Chris - I used the hose & attachments for the sake of my back!) It's on standby, just in case.

Ok, all my fellow bloggers - I have a young lady who has just dumped a bucket of crayons on the floor. I should help her clean them up before she gets the idea that the hardwood needs a wax job of sorts. Love to you all!

By the way, has this group of politicians running for president not been the biggest bunch of goobers you've ever seen? I don't know if I, as an American, can honestly feel confident in my vote this election year. If you ask me, our future looks bleak and hopeless. It's hard to envision any improvements heading our way no matter who takes on the big title. It's people like these presidential candidates and Eliot Spitzer who make my stomach turn.

2 comments:

Alternative Reality said...

Gotta love politicans... As for the little girl dropping her crayons. Be careful and keep an eye on her when that happens -- she could pick them up and decide to walk to grandma's. :)

mar5128 said...

Oh no, LeAnne didn't really say that, did she??? Well, at least if she walks to Grandms's, she won't need a winter coat!!! The weather is nice & toasty here. Maybe you all should come for an extended visit!!! Or is that - y'all? :)